Monday, April 6, 2015

You are My Delight


“No more will anyone call you rejected,

and your country will no longer be called ruined.

You'll be called ‘Hephzibah.’
Isaiah 62:4

 

Hephzibah, “His delight,”--hard to imagine some days. The Creator of the Universe calls me by name and He has named me His “delight.”

 Truth be told, I don't feel the part most days. With the title comes images of perfect generosity, perfect humility, perfect wisdom and servant-hood, not to mention internal and external beauty as described in Proverbs. He couldn't possibly delight in me when I am short tempered with my children or protective of my alone time to the extent that fangs show and eyes glare when I am asked to do one more thing; drive one more trip to the mall, take on one more project for a co-worker or run one more errand for a family member.  When my hair is frizzy and I haven't had time for a shower I don't feel like anyone's “delight,” but that is what He says I am.

 

The suggestion that I am delightful could trigger scoffs and howls of laughter from my dear husband—although maybe a “humph” accompanied by eye rolling would be more accurate when on those all to frequent days I forget to carry the balance forward in the checkbook—or even worse make a subtraction error giving us the false illusion that there is more money in our bank account than reality proves to be true. It might be called in to question by my three boy-men who have to hear me complain about odors wafting from their rooms and growing collections of cups, bowls and plates that cover their desks and dressers . Being “delightful” in my eyes or the eyes of others is quite a stretch some days. But somehow whatever the circumstance, whatever the state of frizz, or mathematical mess-ups He delights in me. Awe inspiring isn't it

He rescued me because he delighted in me.” Psalm 18:19

“You will be called Hephzibah for the Lord will take delight in you.”
Isaiah. 62:4
 
Soak it in sister. You are His Delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment